Friday 4 November 2016

Sugar free

A few time ago I couldn’t imagine a single day of my life without any sweets.  I have a great love of chocolate and cakes of any type and I could never feel well satisfied with any sumptuous dinner without dessert. During discussions about eating habits, I was, of course, on the side of the majority that criticised the few weirdoes for having given up eating sweets (“but why? it’s an exaggeration, it’s just an inoffensive pleasure.”). And now the roles have become reversed. People tell me: Don’t punish yourself, take just one piece of this cake. You’re so thin, you can allow yourself this pleasure. Though I really don’t feel I’m missing something.
How is such a change possible? Well, it’s much more easier than it might seem. But before I reveal to you the secret, let me explain what my personal motivation for such a change was. Well, the list of harmful effects of sugar on our organism is of considerable length. Since I’ve never been overweight, I had been resisting each diet suggestion for long. Then I realised how my wrong eating habits affected my everyday’s mood. Despite sleeping more than is considered necessary, I often felt dead on my feet. Moreover, I noticed I started having concentration problems. When I became conscious of the fact that it was sugar that made me feel that way I decided to quit it.
In that difficult undertaking, my greatest friend was xylitol. It’s a ten-time-more-expensive equivalent of sugar without its negative features.  I use it while baking always when I feel like have a piece of cake. That actually doesn’t happen frequently since, as opposed to sugar, xylitol is not addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment